Medical Professionals QA
Why recommend LAVI Dead Sea Sinus Solutions over other products?
- LAVI’s Dead Sea formula has been clinically proven by one of the world’s foremost Otolaryngologists – Dr. Michael Friedman – to be more effective than other saline or seawater products and as effective as nasal steroids without the associated risks.
- LAVI Sinus Wash and LAVI Nasal Spray offer the benefit of hypertonic saline solutions without the pro-inflammatory effect of other products made using only sodium and chloride. That is because only LAVI is made using Dead Sea minerals, the composition and concentration of which provide a natural anti-inflammatory effect.
Our isotonic LAVI Nasal Moisturizer provides all the benefits of other nasal moisturizers plus those owed only to the mineral-rich Dead Sea.
- LAVI is natural, non-addictive and has no harmful side effects – critical if your patients may be taking other prescription or over-the-counter medications.
Why are LAVI sinus solutions better than other nasal products?
- Only LAVI’s sinus solutions are made from Dead Sea minerals, which are the same ones naturally occurring in the human body, and are essential for maintaining optimum health: magnesium, potassium, calcium, bromine, sodium – and more than 70 others.
LAVI offers the time tested therapeutic and restorative benefits of these Dead Sea minerals, including a natural anti-inflammatory that reduces swelling and congestion, to those suffering from allergies, chronic sinusitis, and other upper respiratory illnesses.
What studies do you have to support your claims?
- Multiple clinical studies support our claims. When Otolaryngologist-Head and Neck Surgeon, Dr. Scott A. Cordray, developed LAVI Sinus Wash and LAVI Nasal Spray (formerly branded Oasis), he first had to prove to himself that the products were clinically superior to what he, as a practicing physician, would otherwise prescribe. He did so through two preliminary clinical studies, followed by Level 1 Double-Blind Clinical Studies conducted by Dr. Michael Friedman. Following are references to those studies:
- A Randomized, Double-Blind Controlled Study Comparing the Efficacy of Nasal Irrigations Plus Spray with Dead Sea Salt solution Versus Normal Saline Irrigation Plus Topical Nasal Steroid Spray for the Treatment of Chronic Sinonasal Symptoms. (Presented at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Foundation Meeting | September 2010 (Vol. 143 No. 2S2, August 2010)
- A Randomized, Prospective, Double-Blind Study on the Efficacy of Dead Sea Salt Nasal Irrigations. The Laryngoscope | 116 (June 2006, Pp 878-882).
- Use of Dead Sea salt solution for chronic rhinitis and rhinosinusitis. Operative Techniques in Otolaryngology (September 2006) | Howard L. Levine, MD; Scott Cordray, DO, Linda Miner, PhD.
- Comparison of intranasal hypertonic Dead Sea saline spray and intranasal aqueous triamcinolone spray in seasonal allergic rhinitis. ENT-Ear, Nose & Throat Journal (July 2005, Pp 426-430) | Scott Cordray, DO, FAOCO; Jim B. Harjo, DO; Linda Miner, PhD.
- Hundreds of other studies support the therapeutic and healing effect of the Dead Sea in treating and relieving a number of other dermatological, muscular, rheumatic, and respiratory ailments.
How does your product compare to nasal steroids?
- LAVI Sinus Wash and LAVI Nasal Spray (formerly branded as Oasis) have been clinically proven as effective as nasal steroids in the treatment of chronic sino-nasal symptoms and resulted in significant improvement of symptoms at four weeks without imposing the risk of established steroid-related complications. The randomized, double-blind clinical study providing this proof was conducted by Dr. Michael Friedman.
What diseases can LAVI Sinus Wash and LAVI Nasal Spray treat?
- LAVI Nasal Spray treats and relieves allergic rhinitis, allergy symptoms including sneezing, nasal blockage swelling and congestion, nasal drainage and runny nose, cough, and itchy, watery eyes.
LAVI Sinus Wash is designed for use in daily hygiene and in the management and prevention of chronic rhinosinusitis, recurrent sinus infections, sneezing, facial pain and pressure and headaches. LAVI Sinus Wash is also beneficial in post-operative nasal. Used regularly, LAVI Sinus Wash also helps treat and relieve allergic rhinitis, reduce swelling and congestion, nasal blockage, nasal drainage and runny nose, cough, and watery eyes.
What are the benefits of using LAVI Nasal Moisturizer?
- A hypotonic Dead Sea solution, LAVI Nasal Moisturizer provides gentle, soothing relief for dry nasal passages and can be used as often as needed to help eliminate irritation and discomfort, and maintain healthy sinus membranes.